[BioC] BiSeq - readBismark error

David Iles D.E.Iles at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Feb 5 19:00:32 CET 2014

Hi,

Thanks for the warning. When will the BiSeq 1.2.4 package be available? I’m about to start a methylation analysis ….

Dr David Iles
Visiting Research Fellow
School of Biology
University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT
UK
d.e.iles at leeds.ac.uk<mailto:d.e.iles at leeds.ac.uk>

On 5 Feb 2014, at 17:29, Hans-Ulrich Klein <h.klein at uni-muenster.de<mailto:h.klein at uni-muenster.de>> wrote:

Dear all,

We would like to inform users of the BiSeq package, that there was in
error in the readBismark() function that may - depending on the files
and the order they were read in - lead to false methylation values.
Affected BiSeq versions are 1.2.0 to 1.2.3.  If you have used one of
these versions to read in Bismark output, we suggest to update to
version 1.2.4 and compare the obtained methylation values. I am really
sorry for this.

Best regards,
Hans

--