[BioC] Normalization of RNAseq data using ERCC?

Agnes Paquet paquet at ipmc.cnrs.fr
Thu Feb 6 16:04:41 CET 2014

Dear List,

We have just started using ERCC spike-in controls in our RNAseq
experiments. I have looked for recommended approaches on how to use the
controls for normalization, but I couldn't find much information.

 From what I read, I am planning to use the spike-ins to estimate the
sizeFactors in our differential analysis pipeline. Is there a better
approach that we could use to normalize our data based on the spike-ins?

Can anyone recommend any paper covering that topic?

Thank you for your help,

Agnes