[BioC] edgeR - zero values

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at uw.edu
Fri Feb 7 20:13:18 CET 2014

Hi Laura,

See ?glmFit, particularly the prior.count artument:

prior.count: average prior count to be added to observation to shrink
          the estimated log-fold-changes towards zero.

and this part from the Details section:

Positive ‘prior.count’ cause the returned coefficients to be
     shrunk in such a way that fold-changes between the treatment
     conditions are decreased. In particular, infinite fold-changes are
     avoided. Larger values cause more shrinkage. The returned
     coefficients are affected but not the likelihood ratio tests or
     p-values.

Best,

Jim