[BioC] Coercion lumi/minfi objects

Aileen Bahl aileen.bahl at helsinki.fi
Sat Feb 8 19:15:16 CET 2014

Dear all,

I used lumi to analyze my 450k data. Now, I want to use the Houseman
algorithm to correct for the cell composition. As far as I read, the
implementation in minfi covers several changes of the algorithm for
the 450k platform. Therefore, I would like to use this package instead
of changing the original code by hand. However, while trying to use
minfi, I faced the problem of transforming my MethylumiM object to the
required RGChannel object. I already found the coercions.R from
Bioconductor but this gives me an error because the full OOB
intensities are missing. Could you please provide some help on how to
make this transformation in both directions (MethylumiM to RGchannel
and the other way around)?

Thanks in advance,
Aileen