[BioC] Failure to Install Organism Package from AnnotationForge

Joseph Shaw [guest] guest at bioconductor.org
Mon Feb 10 17:22:31 CET 2014

Hi all,

I am currently trying to install an organism package built using the makeOrgPackageFromNCBI() function from the AnnotationForge Package.

Unfortunately, when I attempt to install the package, I get an error informing me that, whilst AnnotationDbi 1.24.0 was found, the organism package requires >= AnnotationDbi 1.25.2.

> install.packages("*organism_package_name*", repos = NULL, type = "source")
* installing *source* package ‘*organism_package_name*’ ...
** R
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading
Error : package ‘AnnotationDbi’ 1.24.0 was found, but >= 1.25.2 is required by ‘*organism_package_name*’
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package ‘*organism_package_name*’
* removing ‘/
Warning message:
In install.packages("*organism_package_name*", repos = NULL,  :
  installation of package ‘*organism_package_name*’ had non-zero exit status

According to the AnnotationDbi page on Bioconductor, 1.24.0 is the current release version. I have tried to reinstall the AnnotationDbi package, but I get the same error.

How can I update to the required AnnotationDbi version?

Joseph

 -- output of sessionInfo():

> sessionInfo()
R version 3.0.2 (2013-09-25)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0 (64-bit)

locale:
[1] en_IE.UTF-8/en_IE.UTF-8/en_IE.UTF-8/C/en_IE.UTF-8/en_IE.UTF-8

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] BiocInstaller_1.12.0

[1] tools_3.0.2