[BioC] error in DEXSeq fitDispersionFunction()

Odhams, Christopher chris.odhams at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Feb 10 14:41:38 CET 2014

Hi there,

Has the original issue now been fixed?

e.g:

exon.counts <- fitDispersionFunction(exon.counts)

Error in if (sum(log(coefs/oldcoefs)^2) < 0.005) break :
missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In glmgam.fit(mm, disps[good], start = coefs) :
Too much damping - convergence tolerance not achievable
2: In log(coefs/oldcoefs) : NaNs produced

I'm using R 3.0.1
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)
DEXSEQ_1.8.0

I've attached the csv of my test and controls.

The dispersion function works when I change the control / test samples to 50/50%. Now I have ~25 tests and ~150 controls and I see the above error.

Thanks in advance.
Chris
?