[BioC] liimma and Across Array Normalisation

Saket Choudhary saketkc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 16:12:36 CET 2014

On 11 February 2014 14:03, James W. MacDonald <jmacdon at uw.edu> wrote:
> Hi Saket,
>

> On 2/11/2014 4:52 AM, Saket Choudhary wrote:
>>
>> Hello Gordon,
>>
>> Is there a reason to believe the MA plots should inherently be
>> baseline shifted after normalisation?
>>
>> Raw MA: https://db.tt/kDBod1EJ
>> background correction with 'nec': https://db.tt/0vVWeD21
>> background correction with nec followed by normalisation:
>> https://db.tt/f0M0rWeg
>> background correction with 'normexp: https://db.tt/OJO0zea5
>> background correction with normexp followed by normalisation:
>> https://db.tt/rbLJmFBE
>>

>> The files are a bit heavy so might take some time to load into any pdf
>> reader.
>

> That's why you don't use a vector graphics format for plots with lots of
> points. Instead, use png or jpeg.

The motivation for this was to combine everything using Sweave into a
high-res report.
Here are the low resolution version:

Raw MA: https://db.tt/keqtevVR
background correction with 'nec':   https://db.tt/0vVWeD21
background correction with nec followed by normalisation: https://db.tt/3eFFJXKk
background correction with 'normexp: https://db.tt/TNb5CHMc
background correction with normexp followed by normalisation:
https://db.tt/FBw5NLAN