[BioC] filtering probes in affymetrix data

Sabet, Julia A julia.sabet at tufts.edu
Thu Feb 13 22:07:35 CET 2014

I get this:

function (input)
{
    if (is(input, "ExpressionSet")) {
        pdinfo <- annotation(input)
        if (length(grep("^pd", pdinfo)) != 1)
            stop(paste("The file", pdinfo, "does not appear to have been processed using",
                "the oligo package.\nIn this case the argument to this function should",
                "be the name of the correct pd.info package (e.g., pd.hugene.1.0.st.v1.\n"),
                call. = FALSE)
    }
    else {
        if (is.character(input))
            pdinfo <- input
        else if (!is.character(input))
            stop(paste("The input argument for this function should either be an ExpressionSet",
                "that was generated using oligo, or the name of the pd.info package",
                "that corresponds to your data.\n"), call. = FALSE)
    }
    require(pdinfo, character.only = TRUE)
    con <- db(get(pdinfo))
    types <- dbGetQuery(con, paste("select distinct meta_fsetid, type from featureSet inner join core_mps",
        "on featureSet.fsetid=core_mps.fsetid;"))
    dbDisconnect(con)
    if (is(input, "ExpressionSet")) {
        types <- types[match(featureNames(eset), types[, 1]),
            ]
        ind <- types[, 2] %in% 1
        return(input[ind, ])
    }