[BioC] WGCNA

Peter Langfelder peter.langfelder at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 03:14:48 CET 2014

As far as I know, RStudio has problems with parallel calculations that
fork R processes (such as those called by parallel or
foreach/doParallel on machines where fork is available). The WGCNA
function pickSoftThreshold uses this parallelization. The correlation
functions use multithreading from within C code, which does not fork
the entire R session. That's why corFast etc in WGCNA work fine but
pickSoftThreshold does not.

Hope this clears up any lingering confusion.

Also see inline below

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Martin Morgan <mtmorgan at fhcrc.org> wrote:

> Also I don't see where the error message is coming from (who is printing
> "task 1 failed - " ?)

I believe this is printed by foreach/doParallel but here I could be wrong.

HTH,

Peter