[BioC] edgeR: regarding Poisson distribution and goodness of

Yunshun Chen yuchen at wehi.EDU.AU
Thu Feb 20 01:20:54 CET 2014

Hi,

1) If you remove the calcNormFactors() function, there will be no
normalization, which is not recommended in most cases.

2) To make a qq-plot for your Poisson data, the simplest way is as follows:

design <- model.matrix(~group)
fit <- glmFit(y, design=design, dispersion=0)
gof(fit, plot=TRUE)

3) To make the same graph with a NB distribution using tagwise dispersions,
you can do the followings:

y <- estimateTagwiseDisp(y)
fit2 <- glmFit(y, design=design)
gof(fit2, plot=TRUE)