[BioC] bumphunter DMRs difficulties

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at uw.edu
Fri Feb 21 18:29:21 CET 2014

Hi Giovanni,

I don't know about the number of cores. I share compute cycles with
co-workers, so can't just hog them all up. A recent bumphunter run I did
on our shared server (a single multi-core machine with I believe 32
processors) was:

library(doParallel)
registerDoParallel(cores = 12)
bmps.main <- bumphunter(eset, design.cd, cutoff = 0.99)

Which resulted in something like 2500 bumps and finished in, I don't
know, say 15-20 minutes?

Best,

Jim

--