[BioC] Tigre Question

Antti Honkela antti.honkela at hiit.fi
Mon Feb 24 13:42:41 CET 2014

Dear Anisha,

If you do not specify knownTargets, GPRankTargets() will just use the TF
mRNA profile to fit the model of unobserved TF protein profile and
target mRNA profile.

If you specify for example knownTargets=c('a', 'b', 'c'),
GPRankTargets() will first fit a model to targets a, b, c to infer the
TF protein profile. It will then augment this model with each candidate
target one at a time, while keeping the parameters related to a, b, c
fixed to essentially fix the protein profile. The use of TF mRNA profile
in this mode is optional - it can help if it is informative about the
active TF protein concentration, but it should not be used if the TF
activity is mainly determined by some other factor, e.g. some
post-translational modification.

Antti

--
Antti Honkela