[BioC] Request for installation of software R2.13/Biconductor 2.8

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Thu Feb 27 00:44:49 CET 2014

Hi Mayur,

----- Original Message -----

If you want to reproduce exactly the analysis in the paper, you should use
R-2.13 and Bioconductor 2.8. However, be aware that reproducibility is the ONLY reason to use older versions.
For any other reasons you should use current versions of R (3.0.2) and Bioconductor (2.13).

If you do want to install the older versions, all you have to do is install R 2.13 from http://cran.r-project.org/. The exact link varies depending on your OS.

For windows:
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/old/

For Mac:
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/old/

For Linux and other Unices, install a source tarball here:
http://cran.r-project.org/src/base/

Once you have done that, start R and type:

source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")

This will allow you to automatically install the appropriate version of Bioconductor packages using the biocLite() command.

For example, to install Biobase:

biocLite("Biobase")

The package pages of Bioconductor version 2.8 are visible here:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.8/BiocViews.html#___Software

But you should only use this page to read about the packages. You should install them as I've described above (and as mentioned on each package page).

Thanks,
Dan