[BioC] FDR and Estimated Fragment length

Ryan rct at thompsonclan.org
Sat Jan 4 00:39:37 CET 2014

Hello,

You can estimate the fragment length through strand cross-correlation
analysis. The MACS peak caller will give you an estimate of fragment
length based on this (or possibly a similar method; I don't remember the
precise method used). Most peak callers also allow you to specify the
fragment length explicitly. The fragment length (or estimated fragment
length) is used to infer the midpoint of the fragment, since the mapped
location indicates one end of the fragment. The midpoint of the fragment
is presumably the best indicator of the binding location of the protein.

-Ryan