[BioC] Extracting protein sequence associated to UCSC transcript id

rcaloger raffaele.calogero at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 15:54:34 CET 2014

Hi,
In order to validate fusion products I need to be sure that the peptides
encoded by the the two fused proteins are in the same frame.
I have now a function that allows to confirm the protein1 and protein2
have sequences located in the same frame.
However, I got stack to retrieve those proteins sequences from UCSC. I
did not found a quick way to retrieve the protein sequence associated to
a UCSC ID.
Indeed the protein sequence is present in the UCSC genome browser, but I
do not know how to grab it.
Any suggestion?
Cheers
Raffaele