[BioC] BiocStyle short header

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Wed Jan 8 19:23:34 CET 2014

On 01/08/2014 07:13 AM, Andrzej Oleś wrote:
> Dear Bernd,
>
> the issues you are experiencing are due to some recent updates to
> BiocStyle. In the devel version you can customize the header title using
>
> \bioctitle[Short title for headers]{Full title for title page}
>
> rather than the previous approach you mentioned. See the updated package
> vignette for details.

Thanks Andrzey for answering Bernd.

I'm not 100% sure that I've gone down the right road here. My original
motivation in making changes was to remove the dependency on the 'titling' latex
package. I wanted to do this because it seemed to have unnecessary side effects
(\footnote to \author no longer worked, and this is a fairly common paradigm,
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioc-devel/2013-December/005098.html) and we
seemed to want only limited functionality from it (using \title as a running
header). There are several packages (perhaps some through copy-and-paste) that
were already relying on titling, and these are now broken.

http://www.bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.14/bioc-LATEST/DEXSeq/zin2-buildsrc.html
http://www.bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.14/bioc-LATEST/EBImage/zin2-buildsrc.html
http://www.bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.14/bioc-LATEST/arrayQualityMetrics/zin2-buildsrc.html
http://www.bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.14/bioc-LATEST/qpgraph/zin2-buildsrc.html