[BioC] DESeq nbinomGLMTest specific comparisons

James Floyd j.a.floyd at qmul.ac.uk
Thu Jan 9 12:41:39 CET 2014

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for the delay. As always, I got
distracted by other projects Š

I am looking to perform a DE analysis for a disease with three states,
while correcting for smoking status. So I was using Š :

fit0 = fitNbinomGLMs( cdsFull, count ~ smoking )
fit1 = fitNbinomGLMs( cdsFull, count ~ smoking + condition )

Š then comparing the models to see whether adding condition improves the
fit of the model and has a significant effect (as described in the
vignette).

However, if I wanted to make a specific comparison of, say, the two most
extreme disease states (state A against C, ignoring B), how would I go
about doing this?

Thanks for letting me know about DESeq2, I was unaware of it.

Cheers,
Jamie