[BioC] pre-ranked GSEA within R?

Pekka Kohonen pkpekka at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 13:16:08 CET 2014

Dear Daniel,

The "piano" package does GSEA with pre-ranked genes. You can input,
for instance, t-test statistics from limma/ebayes, fold-changes etc.
But the method vveeeerrrryyyy sloooow compared to the Broad java
implementation. Don't know why (maybe it would be a good idea to
transition R to run on the jvm a la renjin, thought not sure if this
project is still active). But you can run it.You may want to take a
look at the options (if they are the same)

Best, Pekka