[BioC] non-BiomaRt die

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Sat Jan 25 20:52:53 CET 2014

----- Original Message -----

This error is happening on the server side. I know this because this is a perl error and  there is no perl on the client side.

The question is why it is happening. My guess is there is an invalid item in your gene_name vector.
It could be a blank line, or something that's too long, or invalid characters. Things to try:

tools::showNonASCII(gene_name) # non-ascii characters?
max(nchar(gene_name)) # length of the longest gene name
which(nchar(gene_name)==0) # which lines are blank?

Dan