[BioC] DEXSeq - identical p-values for all exons in a gene

Pillman, Katherine (Health) Katherine.Pillman at health.sa.gov.au
Tue Jan 28 01:58:57 CET 2014

Hi Simon/everyone,

Thanks for your help troubleshooting this, I believe I have figured out the problem.  Embarrassingly, it was a version issue - the version of DEXSeq on my server was not the most current version (it was version 1.7.x).  I should have checked earlier but didn’t think to because I didn't realise there had been a recent version change and my basic analyses ran without problems...  I presume that the way the model needs to be specified changed between the previous (v1.7.x) and current (v1.8.0) versions?

Anyway, I updated BiocGenerics and DEXSeq and now I get unique p-values for each exon in the gene when I specify the models! :)

I noticed that the ‘news’ page for DEXSeq hasn’t been updated yet with the changes for version 1.8.0.  Would you mind please adding the changes?

Thanks again for your help and sorry for the trouble.

Cheers, Katherine