[BioC] power calculation of RNA-Seq

Zhijin Wu zwu at stat.brown.edu
Wed Jul 2 14:45:08 CEST 2014

We have a simulation based method and R package for RNA-seq power
calculation that includes factorial design. Our package includes two
components: (1) a semi-parametric simulation that generates data based
on actual RNA-seq experiments with flexible choices on baseline
expressions, biological variations, patterns of DE (so if your
collaborating biologists cannot fill in all the blanks for what you
should assume, which is typically the case, you have very reasonable
start by simply saying "I think it would resemble a typical cell line");
and (2) a power assessment component that provides a comprehensive view
of power.

The package is currently available at
http://web1.sph.emory.edu/users/hwu30/PROPER.html, and will be submitted
to bioconductor very soon (Hao Wu is the developer but traveling). A
manuscript is under review. Users are welcome to try out the package and
we appreciate your feedback.

Zhijin (Jean) Wu
Associate Professor of Biostatistics
Brown University, Box G-S121