[BioC] SomaticSignatures

Julian Gehring julian.gehring at embl.de
Mon Jul 7 17:12:40 CEST 2014

Hi Huma,

As it is stated in the vignette:

"The starting point of the analysis is a VRanges object which describes
the somatic variants in terms of their genomic locations as well as
reference and alternative alleles. For more details about this class and
how to construct it, please see the documentation of the
VariantAnnotation package."

It is up to you how you import your variant calls and create the VRanges
object.  If you have a VCF file, the easiest way would be the
'readVcfAsVRanges' method in the 'VariantAnnotation' package, which is
closely related to the 'readVcf' function that you have been using
before.  You can find an example in the vignette of the current
developer version,
http://bioconductor.org/packages/devel/bioc/vignettes/SomaticSignatures/inst/doc/SomaticSignatures-vignette.html#sec-5:
'Use case: Analyzing Own Mutation Calls'.

Best wishes
Julian