[BioC] Running DESeq with 1000 samples

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Fri Jul 11 08:05:54 CEST 2014

Dear Maoqi Xu,

You could use limma-voom instead, which will handle 1000 samples in a few
seconds without the need for extra memory.

See:

  http://genomebiology.com/2014/15/2/R29

If you particularly wanted to stick to an exact negative binomial
analysis, then you could consider edgeR which uses considerably less
memory than DESeq for large datasets, but for so many samples voom would
seem the way to go.

Best wishes
Gordon