[BioC] pca plot for gene expression

Michael Love michaelisaiahlove at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 20:31:17 CEST 2014

You might get more feedback if you describe what kind of experiment
you have performed (microarray or RNA-Seq?).

The other reason you might not be getting response is that the
principal component functions are not implemented in Bioconductor, but
in base R. So it's not necessarily a Bioconductor question, but a
statistics/R question.

The very basic code for making a PCA plot from an expression set 'e' would be

pc = prcomp( t ( exprs( e ) ) )
plot( pc$x[ , 1:2 ] )