[BioC] processing Illumina HT12v4.0 expression data from GEO

Abhishek Pratap abhishek.vit at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 02:17:14 CEST 2014

Hi Guys

I would like to know the basic analysis workflow for downloading and
processing a Illumina HTV12 expression data from GEO. I have seen the
beadArray vignette but not sure which normalization process to use.

For example with Affy datasets I normally download the raw data and
normalize it with fRMA package to produce a final expression matrix of
genes.

Here is some code but basically the final goal is to produce a
normalized  expression matrix at genelevel.

library( GEOquery )
gse <- getGEO("GSE58037")
gse <- gse[[1]]
mat <- exprs(gse)