[BioC] DESeq2, plotting residuals vs.fitted values

Michael Love michaelisaiahlove at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 16:06:00 CEST 2014

On the scale of the counts, the fitted values are: assays(dds)[["mu"]]

to get the fitted values on the common scale, you just need to divide
each column by the size factor:

fitted.common.scale = t( t( assays(dds)[["mu"]] ) / sizeFactors(dds) )

So then the residuals are

counts(dds, normalized=TRUE) - fitted.common.scale