[BioC] time course experiment

Rao,Xiayu XRao at mdanderson.org
Wed Jul 23 00:42:02 CEST 2014

Hi, Gordon

Thank you for letting me know. As Jim suggested, I would just include everything in one command as below to make it simple. I now understand that the difference between testing for changed gene over time (the trend) and testing for diff genes between two exact time points is
(1) to make different contrasts and
(2) to use topTableF(fit) to extract the gene list for the former and to use topTable(fit, coef=1 or any other number) for the later. (Correct me if I am wrong, thank you)

contrast <- makeContrasts("mu.0hr-wt.0hr", "mu.6hr-wt.6hr", "mu.24hr-wt.24hr","wt.6hr-wt.0hr", "wt.24hr-wt.6hr", "wt.24hr-wt.0hr","mu.6hr-mu.0hr", "mu.24hr-mu.6hr", "mu.24hr-mu.0hr",levels=design)

Thanks,
Xiayu