[BioC] Using DESeq2: experimental design and extracting results

Sridhar A Malkaram smalkaram at wvstateu.edu
Wed Jul 30 19:13:23 CEST 2014

Hi Michael,

I'd like your suggestions on an additional question related to this

You might be aware that when publishing differential expression results,
it is a convention to provide the mean and standard deviation values
(after the normalization) for the genes being tested. The DE table
output output by DESeq has a column "baseMean". Is this equivalent to
the mean expression? Is there a way to get standard deviation? Can the
mean and SD be obtained separately for both the treatments being compared?

Thanks

Sridhar Acharya