[BioC] annotations for arrays

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Mon Jun 9 18:56:17 CEST 2014

Hi Miki,

So the reason you can't find codes for these is that there are not
packages made for these platforms yet. You can see all the existing
packages listed here:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/BiocViews.html#___ChipName

Anyhow what to do when there is not a package made already for your
platform of interest? Just load up the AnnotationForge package and then
call the new makeChipPackage() function. This package should allow you
to make a chip package for anything that you have an organism package
for (and if you need an org package there is a function that makes those
too). Once you have made your package you can install it with
install.packages().

library('AnnotationForge')
?makeChipPackage

## Then once you have called that function, you can install your package
like this:
install.packages('<packageNameWithPath>', repos=NULL, type="source")

Let me know if you have any more questions,

Marc