[BioC] External RNA controls on Rat Gene ST 2.0 chip lfc ~ 1 after xps rma??

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Tue Jun 24 22:14:42 CEST 2014

Dear Matt,

If you want to use a different normalization method, I would suggest to
try MAS5. Alternatively, you are free to play around with different
methods.

As you can see in my vignette 'xpsPreprocess.pdf' you can do the
calculation stepwise, i.e. use different methods for background
correction, normalization and summarization, e.g. I would try sector
background (mas4), then median normalization and lowess summarization.

For FARMS you can do no bgrd-correction, quantile normalization and
farms summarization, see chapter 5.5. However, if you think that you may
be overfitting data I would not use quantile normalization.

With respect to PLIER please see my note in Appendix A.1 of vignette
'APTvsXPS.pdf'.

Best regards,
Christian