[BioC] DART

Lawler, Katherine katherine.lawler at kcl.ac.uk
Wed Mar 5 10:54:37 CET 2014

Hi Martin,

Thanks again for the report and example file. To summarise our findings for the mailing list:

>>I have a table with expression values for 2000 genes, for 16 samples, rownames are EntrezGeneIDs and a vector which contains the signature, +1 or -1 for 200 genes, names are EntrezGeneIDs.
>> So I wanted to get the activity scores, but they are always "NA"  using
>>pred.o<-PredActScore(prNet.o$pradjMC,prNet.o$signMC,data)
>>[...]
>>So my question is: where did I a mistake, maybe my data has not the right format

The input expression data needs to be a matrix (for example using as.matrix(); see vignette or ?DoDART).

>>Failure in if (netconsist > netconsist.v[4]) { :
>> Missing value, where TRUE / FALSE needed

This error comes from EvalConsNet() when the adjacency matrix (BuildRN()$adj) consists only of zeros.
DART could have a more helpful error message or a warning at that point.
In the meantime, can I suggest performing a check after building the relevance network:

## Build the relevance network:
# rn.o <- BuildRN(..)

## How many edges in the relevance network? Look at the adjacency matrix.
numEdges <- sum(rn.o$adj == 1)/2
## Only continue if numEdges is > 0 :
# if(numEdges > 0){ .. continue.. }

best wishes,