[BioC] Finding genes with similar trend

Christian De Santis christian.desantis at stir.ac.uk
Tue Mar 11 17:26:42 CET 2014

Dear List,

I have data from a nutritional microarray experiment with 5 treatments where one component of the diet is varying in different proportions.
I have visually identified some genes that in my opinion share a common and possibly interesting trend. However, I was wondering if it exists a way to model this trend and extract other genes from the list that fit this trend. It is not necessarily a linear increase or decrease of expression (I know how to do that in Limma).

Perhaps anyone is aware of any functions of existing packages that can perform such a task? Thanks very much for your help, as usual!

Best Regards,

Christian De Santis
Institute of Aquaculture
University of Stirling
Stirling FK9 4LA
Scotland, U.K.
Tel: +44 1786 467993
E-mail: Christian.desantis at stir.ac.uk<mailto:Christian.desantis at stir.ac.uk>
 <http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/christian-de-santis/59/5a8/91>

--
The University of Stirling has been ranked in the top 12 of UK universities for graduate employment*.
94% of our 2012 graduates were in work and/or further study within six months of graduation.