[BioC] SomaticSignatures

Steve Lianoglou lianoglou.steve at gene.com
Thu Mar 27 23:10:15 CET 2014

So, to wrap this all up for the OP.

To identify the packages needed for installation of SomaticSignatures,
 you will need to be running R-3.1-alpha on an internet connected
machine and enter these commands:

library(tools)
library(utils)
library(BiocInstaller)
pdb <- available.packages(contrib.url(biocinstallRepos()))
pkgs <- unlist(unname(package_dependencies("SomaticSignatures", db=pdb)))

Then to download the packages into the *current working directory*
that R is executing in, he would then do:

download.packages(pkgs, '.', repos=biocinstallRepos(), type="source")

These copies could then be copied to the cluster and will have to be
installed individually (ensuring that the cluster already has
R-3.1-alpha already installed!).

The OP will have to be careful to install them in the correct order,
which might require some trial and error, but at least all of the
packages will be available on the filesystem to do so.

OP: let us know how that goes.

On a side note: that's pretty cool! Perhaps parts of this would make
handy utility functions in the BiocInstaller package ... I could
imagine a function to "identify dependent packages" being useful.

-steve

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 2:01 PM, Dan Tenenbaum <dtenenba at fhcrc.org> wrote:

> [...]

Steve Lianoglou
Computational Biologist