[BioC] SomaticSignatures

Steve Lianoglou lianoglou.steve at gene.com
Fri Mar 28 00:06:25 CET 2014

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 3:27 PM, Dan Tenenbaum <dtenenba at fhcrc.org> wrote:
[snip]
>> Then to download the packages into the *current working directory*
>> that R is executing in, he would then do:
>
> (The OP is a she in this case, I believe)

Woops! Sorry, that's why I was originally using OP instead of he/she,
but I let that one slip through ... apologies.

>> On a side note: that's pretty cool! Perhaps parts of this would make
>> handy utility functions in the BiocInstaller package ... I could
>> imagine a function to "identify dependent packages" being useful.
>
> The main workhorses are already in tools and utils. But I agree this could be useful, not sure
> BiocInstaller is the right place for it.

Hmm ... not sure why we'd want to different installer-helper packages
for on and offline functionality, but you folks are the boss(es)!

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou
Computational Biologist