[BioC] fasta biostrings bioconductor

Cook, Malcolm MEC at stowers.org
Fri Mar 28 17:50:18 CET 2014

Hi

Just a thought....

Did you run the grep with -i option for case insensitivity?

If you should find a "P" then look again and see if you have any control-As in that file.

If you do, then, I'm guessing that file came from NCBI.

If it did, then, know this:  NCBI uses control-A to separate multi-line deflines in fasta files.

That's all I got,

Malcolm Cook