[BioC] Gviz AnnotationTrack - Consistent y-scales

Aliaksei Holik salvador at bio.bsu.by
Thu May 1 10:10:45 CEST 2014

Hi Lance,

I'm relatively new to Gviz myself, but I believe there might be a simple
solution to your problem. I'm not sure, why the thread has
AnnotationTrack - your problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with
the annotation. If I understand correctly, you would like to ensure
consistent y axis for your DataTracks between plots, while allowing
DataTracks of different height within each plot. You can do so by
passing ylim parameter to individual DataTrack commands, the same way I
imagine you're passing the bam file, the col.histogram and
fill.histogram parameters.

I've just checked and it seems to work ok in Gviz_1.7.10, and Gviz_1.8.0.

I hope it helps,

Aliaksei.

P.S. I'm not sure, why you needed a patch, if ylim is a standard
parameter in Gviz. Apologies for possible confusion.