[BioC] 1. comparing chip Information in meta analysis / Rankprod and 2. two color normalization

Pekka Kohonen pkpekka at gmail.com
Fri May 2 14:26:12 CEST 2014

Hi Stefanie,

You could map the Affymetrix identifiers to single Entrez/Ensembl
identifier using the "custom cdfs" from "BrainArray". You can do the
normalization for instance using the "simpleaffy" package. If the
Agilent/illumina chip have duplicate probes for some genes you can
just take the median of the fold-change values and use those in the
RankProd package. It is best to have just one identifier/gene per
array, although having more than one is not strictly forbidden.

Custom CDF manuscript:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=16284200

another package to use might be this. But I have not used it myself.

RankAggreg:
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/10/62

Generally using rank-based analysis can lead to significant results
that have very small effect sizes (fold-change). So you should use
fold change to filter the results to some extent as well.

Best, Pekka