[BioC] DESeq2 Regularised Log for Clustering of Genes

Dario Strbenac dstr7320 at uni.sydney.edu.au
Sun May 11 03:00:09 CEST 2014

Hello,

Those are two good ideas for analysing profiles. We are aware that the majority of published clustering methods are designed for analysing profiles. However, biologists have told us that transcription factors usually appear at levels many times lower than the genes they cause the transcription of, leading us to explore clustering with absolute levels.

> I would divide before transformation or subtract after transformation

Only the subtraction after transformation would be possible, because dividing before would cause non-integer values, causing the creation of a DESeqDataSet to fail, wouldn't it ?