[BioC] Unable to load 'xps' library

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Thu May 22 23:56:07 CEST 2014

Hi Loukia,

----- Original Message -----

Microsoft Visual Studio is not required for root. In fact, xps will not build with the root built with Visual Studio, you have to get the root built for MinGW, see the xps README (http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/readmes/xps/README):

" Ib.  Install ROOT for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7

   For Windows users it is important to install a binary version of ROOT
   compiled with MinGW, currently version root_v5.32.03, from:
   to be announced;
   currently, please contact me to get 'root-mingw-O2.7z' of size 37MB

   It is recommended to install ROOT in the default directory C:\root.
   Furthermore, it is necessary to set the environment variable ROOTSYS:
   under Windows you can use `System' in the control panel or the
   properties of `My Computer' (under the `Advanced' tab).
   Simply add: ROOTSYS=C:\root\bin
          (or: ROOTSYS=C:\root      if you add %ROOTSYS%\bin to PATH)
"

Where "me" refers to the xps maintainer, CC'd here.

Dan