[BioC] Problem running summarizeOverlaps()

Jessica Perry Hekman hekman2 at illinois.edu
Fri May 23 04:10:30 CEST 2014

On 05/22/2014 10:10 AM, Martin Morgan wrote:
>> gnCnt <- GenomicAlignments::summarizeOverlaps(exByGn, bamfls,
>> mode="Union",
>>           ignore.strand=TRUE, single.end=TRUE, param=param)
>>
>> OUTPUT:
>>
>> Error in array(x, c(length(x), 1L), if (!is.null(names(x)))
>> list(names(x),  :
>>    'data' must be of a vector type, was 'NULL'
>
> Hi Jessica -- sorry that this is again causing problems. Can you provide
> the output of
>
>    traceback()

Hi, Martin. I really appreciate all the advice about debugging.

Perplexingly, the error does not occur today when I go to reproduce it.
I have no idea what's changed, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed and
proceeding with the RNA-seq workflow vignette and hoping it doesn't return.

The chances are that you'll be hearing from me again soon, but at any
rate, thanks again for all your help so far.

Jessica