[BioC] Package qvalue - can it be installed without TCL-TK support?

Pengcheng Yang pengchy at gmail.com
Mon May 26 05:19:03 CEST 2014

As John suggested, the solution is:

downloaded the package from:
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/src/contrib/qvalue_1.38.0.tar.gz

untar and modify the file qvalue/NAMESPACE:

delete the following lines:

importFrom(tcltk, tclvalue, "tclvalue<-", tclVar, tkbutton,
            tkcheckbutton, tkconfigure, tkdestroy, tkentry, tkframe,
            tkgetOpenFile, tkgetSaveFile, tkgrid, tkinsert, tklabel,
            tkpack, tkradiobutton, tkscrollbar, tkset, tktext,
            tktoplevel, tkwm.focusmodel, tkwm.title, tkyview)

and delete the word "qvalue.gui," from the line:
export(plot.qvalue, qplot, qsummary, qvalue, qvalue.gui, qwrite,
summary.qvalue)

then re compressed the qvalue directory into qvalue_1.38.0.tar.gz and
install it using install.packages().

done.

Best,
pengcheng