[BioC] Pathview plot split by experiment condition

Luo Weijun luo_weijun at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 05:21:18 CEST 2014

If I understand you correctly you may try:

cnts.2cond=cbind(rowMeans(cnts.norm[ , samp.idx]),rowMeans(cnts.norm[ , ref.idx]))

then use cnts.2cond instead of cnts.d when calling pathview function:
pv.out.list <- sapply(path.ids2, function(pid) pathview(
                      gene.data = cnts.2cond, pathway.id = pid,
                      species = "hsa", out.suffix=out.suffix,
                      kegg.dir= "gageOutput/gageHG19", kegg.native=T, both.dirs = list(gene = F, cpd = T)))

Note this way, what are plotting the absolute expression not the expression changes, hence you need to set both.dirs = list(gene = F, cpd = T).
HTH,
Weijun