[BioC] RNA-seq differentially expressed gene finding methods

Son Pham spham at salk.edu
Fri Sep 5 19:31:25 CEST 2014

Thank you Richard,  Devon and Paul for very insight answers.
I completely agree that the approach I raised above is inappropriate when
the group size is small (3, 4...).
But when the group size is large enough ( > 20 or 30), the sampling
distribution of the mean will be (closed to) normally distributed, and that
is why I believe that the t-test is ok.

-Son.