[BioC] RNA-seq differentially expressed gene finding methods

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Sun Sep 7 03:20:08 CEST 2014

Dear Son,

The problem has little to do with normality or group size and more to do
with the fact that fpkm values can have very different variances depending
on the size of the original count.  The creates a problem for the t-test
which assumes equal variances.

See the voom paper for discussion of this:

  http://genomebiology.com/2014/15/2/R29

Best wishes
Gordon