[BioC] DiffBind time course

Rory Stark Rory.Stark at cruk.cam.ac.uk
Tue Sep 9 17:20:52 CEST 2014

You can get the binding matrix after the call to dba.count, but you should
make sure to set the "score" to either DBA_SCORE_READS or
DBA_SCORE_READS_MINUS. If you've already counted and don't want to do it
again, you can change the score and then retrieve the binding matrix:

> DBA = dba.count(DBA,peaks=NULL,score=DBA_SCORE_READS)
> bindingMatrix = dba.peakset(DBA, bRetrieve=TRUE)

This will return the binding matrix as a GRanges object, with the read
counts in the metadata. It may be easier to work with a dataframe:

> bindingMatrix = dba.peakset(DBA, bRetrieve=TRUE, DataType=DBA_DATA_FRAME)

In which case the count matrix is:

> counts = bindingMatrix[,4:ncol(bindingMatrix)]

As for retrieving the actual edgeR and DESeq object, the final section int
he vignette describes where they are after a call to dba.analyze().

Cheers-
Rory