[BioC] what drives sample outliers in 450k (detectOutlier, lumi)

Victoria Svinti victoria.svinti at igmm.ed.ac.uk
Fri Sep 12 21:29:24 CEST 2014

Hi there

I am finding some sample outliers in the result from the detectOutlier method in lumi. I don’t see anything strange about these samples when I look at the mean beta values. I wonder how I can find out what drives these samples to be outliers (what set of probes, etc)? It would be good to know the reason for these, to determine whether they need to be re-included in a separate experiment. They do not seem to be outliers in the gender tests ..

I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Many thanks
Victoria

--
Victoria Svinti