[BioC] KEGGprofile: "Error in phyper - Non-numeric argument to mathematical function" when using non model organism

stefano romano stfn.romano at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 10:03:55 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am using KEGGprofile to perform KEGG enrichment for a non model organism.
Using the data from the R documentation i perfectely obtaine the enrichment.

>data(pho_sites_count)
>genes<-names(rev(sort(pho_sites_count[,1]))[1:300])
> summary(genes)
   Length     Class      Mode
      300 character character
> is.vector(genes)
[1] TRUE
>pho_KEGGresult<-find_enriched_pathway(genes,specis='hsa')

However, when I use my datasets, which I submit as character vector with
NCBI ID, I get the following error:

Error in phyper(kegg_result_length[x], keggpathway2gene_length[x],
length(unique(unlist(keggpathway2gene))) -  :
  Non-numeric argument to mathematical function

Any suggestion how to overcome this problem?

Thank you very much.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]