[BioC] KEGGprofile: "Error in phyper - Non-numeric argument to mathematical function" when using non model organism

zhao shilin zhaoshilin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 16:50:07 CEST 2014

Dear Stefano,

I've tested species Pseudovibrio FO-BEG1 ("psf" in KEGG database) and found
it was imported into KEGG database in 2013 (
http://www.genome.jp/kegg-bin/show_organism?org=psf). But KEGG.db package
was updated until 2012. I think that is the reason for the error message.
Now I provide a new parameter "download_latest" in "find_enriched_pathway"
function of KEGGprofile package, you can find it in KEGGprofile version
1.7.6 on Bioconductor. But I think it is still in the develop channel
of Bioconductor so you may not able to see it immediately. You can download
it from my github (https://github.com/slzhao/KEGGprofile) now.

Here is the test codes:
library("KEGGprofile")
species<-"psf"
download_KEGGfile(pathway_id="00010",species=species)
result<-parse_XMLfile(pathway_id="00010",species=species)
genes<-unique(result[9:40,1])
genes
enriched<-find_enriched_pathway(gene=genes,species=species,
download_latest=TRUE)
enriched$stastic

Best,
Shilin