[ESS] [EXTERNAL] Re: How to Duplicate Previous Functionality/Workflow

Bassett Jr,Roland L r|b@@@et @end|ng |rom md@nder@on@org
Tue Sep 26 20:38:28 CEST 2023

Thanks to everyone for their responses - you've definitely helped with most of my questions.  One still remains, though:

How can I customize the weaver and the exporter so that it doesn't ask each time?  It seems as though there should be a way to customize each of these, but I can't figure out what it is.

Roland Bassett
Principal Biostatistician
Department of Biostatistics - Unit 1411
Faculty Center Tower FCT4.6071
The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
P.O. Box 301402
Houston, TX 77230

Phone: 713-563-4272
Fax: 713-563-4242
Email: rlbasset using mdanderson.org

-----Original Message-----
From: ESS-help <ess-help-bounces using r-project.org> On Behalf Of Tyler Smith via ESS-help
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2023 10:38 AM
To: Stephen J. Eglen <sje30 using cam.ac.uk>
Cc: ESS-help <ess-help using r-project.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [ESS] How to Duplicate Previous Functionality/Workflow

THIS EMAIL IS A PHISHING RISK
 Do you trust the sender?
    The email address is: ess-help-bounces using r-project.org
    While this email has passed our filters, we need you to review with caution before taking any action.
    If the email looks at all suspicious, click the Report a Phish button.

On Fri, Sep 22, 2023, at 2:04 AM, Stephen J. Eglen wrote:
>> (You probably didn't do this, because Docview isn't great for pdfs.
>> The now abandoned package pdf-tools was a great option for reading
>> pdfs inside Emacs).
>
> just to add a couple of comments:
>
> 1. pdf-tools was forked about 1-2 years ago, and now active at:
>
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/vedang/pdf-tools__;!!Pf
> beBCCAmug!hJB8MImjmlLQXcAB-LAswXJZi7hbkrS4q5t30Qi2hgkPBMiYQFEMW4gXbr-6
> hVAcqLnnAh9bX0OFHLbHRmIz8Hs$
>
> It can be a bit fussy to install compared to most Emacs packages,
> because of dependencies and the binaries it creates.  However, I like
> it and use it regularly.

Thanks, that's great news!  pdf-tools was my preferred pdf viewer when it was active. I'll definitely check out the new fork

ty