[ESS] FW: [GNU ELPA] ESS version 24.1.1

Sparapani, Rodney r@p@r@p@ @end|ng |rom mcw@edu
Mon Feb 19 16:20:06 CET 2024

Hi Dirk:

Glad you resolved it with the help of others here at ESS-help.

FWIW, both of these should be exactly the same version.
Martin committed the fix on 01/31 and triggered the ELPA
version 24.01.1.  Theoretically, we could move to a YYYYMMDD.micro
naming convention for ESS.  However, we have never tracked
DD before.  Needless to say, we are still learning about ELPA.
Thanks

--
Rodney Sparapani, Associate Professor of Biostatistics, He/Him/His
Vice President, Wisconsin Chapter of the American Statistical Association
Institute for Health and Equity, Division of Biostatistics
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Campus

If this is outside of working hours, then please respond when convenient.

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd using debian.org>
Date: Sunday, February 18, 2024 at 4:50 PM
To: Sparapani, Rodney <rsparapa using mcw.edu>
Cc: ess-help (ess-help using r-project.org) <ess-help using r-project.org>
Subject: Re: [ESS] FW: [GNU ELPA] ESS version 24.1.1
ATTENTION: This email originated from a sender outside of MCW. Use caution when clicking on links or opening attachments.
________________________________

Rodney et al,

Thanks for the update(s)!

Alas, I also seem to see
  ess                            20240131.1041  installed             Emacs Speaks Statistics
which seems to win over
  ess                            24.1.1         obsolete              Emacs Speaks Statistics

What is the suggested way to have 24.1.1 sort higher?

Thanks,  Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]